It’s never too late to start a dental routine for your dog.
Bark Bright Dental is a monthly dog dental subscription box that delivers unique and specially formulated toothpaste and dental chews straight to your doorstep. If in any case their toothpaste and treats don’t meet your dog’s needs, then they’ll be sending their own man to work with you and find out the exact right bite for your pups!
This is an ideal subscription service for those who simply don’t have the time to pick out these items every month, lack the knowledge on what would work best for their pup, or simply want to spoil their furry best friend.
BarkBox was founded in 2011 by dog lovers Carly Strife, Matt Meeker, and Henrik Werdelin, who felt the need to fill a gap in the pet retail market. While it’s always been an option to walk into a pet store and pick out a toy or treats for your pet, there was no market out there for someone else to do it for you–never mind having a personalized box delivered to your door.
BarkBox’s personalization factor is truly what has made them one of the fastest-growing subscription services ever. Their popularity is also due to the fact that they give you a pretty good deal: each box is valued at over $40, with a subscription starting at $22 per month.
BarkBox’s monthly subscription box is completely personalized to your individual pup. BarkBox takes into account your dog’s age, size, breed, and more to come up with a uniquely themed box tailored to them. Dogs (especially puppies) need constant stimulation and entertainment. This monthly box helps switch things up for them on a regular basis while saving you time and money.
Let’s lay it all out on the table in this BarkBox subscription review and take a look at some of the pros and cons:
- By filling out a short quiz and selecting a subscription plan, you receive a monthly box delivered to your door, always customized to your dog
- Each BarkBox saves you money with an estimated value of over $40 per box and subscription options starting at $22 per box
- BarkBox offers 3 billing options, which allow you to save more money depending on the level of commitment you’re comfortable with
- BarkBox’s treats are made in the USA and are allergy-friendly
- BarkBox offers free shipping within the 48 contiguous United States
- If your pup doesn’t like a particular toy or treat that month, BarkBox will replace it with something else, free of charge
- All boxes are dog tested and approved
- While delivering to Canada used to be an option, BarkBox has had to temporarily suspend its Canadian orders and now only delivers to the US–this was and still is a major bummer to their Canadian subscribers
- If you want to save money, you have to commit to BarkBox for a minimum of 6 months, otherwise, you have to pay an extra $4-7 per month
- If you forget to uncheck the renewal option, your subscription is automatically renewed at the end of your 6- or 12-month subscription period, with no option for a refund
- While many products are advertised as being durable for tough chewers, many can be easily destroyed (my American Bulldog has personally experienced this with BarkBox toys)
- You can give BarkBox as a gift–having said that, a BarkBox gift starts at $35, which is more than the cost of a 1-month subscription
Each BarkBox includes 5 items: 2 bags of treats (all-natural, made and sourced in the US), 2 toys, and a dog chew. Their customization options mainly revolve around the size and breed of your dog and whether or not they have any allergies. BarkBox subscription boxes also center around specific BarkBox themes every month, which is the same regardless of your pup’s info.
These themes have included “Snowbound hounds”, “Thankstuffing”, and the limited-edition Grinch box, featuring a BarkBox Grinch stuffy. Adorable, right? This $5 BarkBox was recently available when you signed up for a new plan, with the addition of a free extra toy every month.
How Much Is BarkBox?
As mentioned, BarkBox does have different subscription options. While conducting this BarkBox subscription review, I noticed that while none of these longer-term subscription options require you to pay for the entire period upfront, they do require a certain level of commitment. Let’s take a look at the options:
1. For a 1-month subscription you’re going to be paying the most at $29, with no commitment period.
2. For a 6-month subscription you’re looking at $25 per month, billed monthly.
3. For a 12-month subscription you’re going to be getting the best value for your money, at $22 per month billed monthly, but you’re going to be locked in for a year.
Is BarkBox Worth It?
So, after doing a BarkBox subscription review, do we think BarkBox is worth it? If we’re talking value for money, BarkBox does seem to be worth it, regardless of whether you choose the discounted option of being locked into a commitment.
How to Get BarkBox
A BarkBox subscription review found that signing up is a simple process. On the BarkBox home page, you’ll immediately see the option to “Choose Your Box”. From there, you’ll be taken through a short quiz, asking for some simple information about your dog.