Elephant has nonetheless made quite an impression since its founding in 2009. With the headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, it is a subsidiary of the Admiral Group. Elephant maintains a presence in a number of countries, offering an array of coverage options. Available in six states — Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia — it may be a competitive option for your next policy. However, Elephant receives so-so customer service ratings. Let’s take a look at the Elephant insurance review, which includes a detailed breakdown of coverage options and discounts.
Elephant auto insurance coverage options
Elephant provides standard coverage options like liability, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured motorist coverage. Take a look at some of the features that are included in the Elephant insurance policy.
Elephant mainly partners with technology companies in order to provide fast, secure, and high-quality roadside assistance services.
Elephant roadside assistance delivers:
- Battery jumping
- Emergency fuel delivery
- Flat-tire replacement
- Lock-out services
This is also known as a vanishing deductible. If your collision deductible is $500 or more, adding Elephant’s diminishing deductible option will lower that amount by $100 for each accident-free year, with a maximum total decrease of $500. It will remain unaffected if you get into an accident after your deductible was already lowered.
If you require a rental car while your personal vehicle is being repaired, Elephant offers a choice from various optional coverage limits to be allocated towards your reimbursement.
Elephant Insurance offers custom equipment coverage if your vehicle is modified with special parts. This is only applicable if you have comprehensive and collision coverage.
A 25% discount is also available for attorney fees for pre-existing, non-auto-related legal matters like family law, documentation review, and will preparation.
Elephant insurance discounts and reward programs
Elephant Insurance also gives you the chance to save more money on car insurance in different ways. Most of the discounts offered by big insurance providers can also be found here. Check out the following Elephant car insurance discounts.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling: Get a multi-policy discount by bundling your auto with homeowners, renters, or motorcycle insurance.
- Online quote: Get your quote online on Elephant’s website to get an immediate 12% off your rate.
- Pay-in-full: Pay your annual premium in one lump sum to save some money — and you’re good for the year!
- Go paperless: Elephant customers who opt-out of paper bills get up to 3% off per insured vehicle.
- E-signature: Enroll in your policy with your electronic signature to qualify for a small discount.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car: Insure more than one vehicle on your policy to get up to 20% off your premium.
- Good driver: Elephant rewards responsible drivers with up to 10% off if you have a good driving record and have been accident-free for five years.
- Good student: If you’re a full-time student between ages 16 and 25 with at least a “B” average, you’re eligible for a good student discount.
Additional lines of insurance
Elephant Insurance also offers a variety of other options, some of which you can bundle with your auto policy:
- Homeowners insurance
- Condo insurance
- Renters insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Life insurance