Shutterstock is the most well-known stock photo agencies. With over a 10 years in business, they’re the one of the best subscription based agencies and the owners of the largest royalty free photos collection on the internet, with over 220 million files.
This is also a very affordable agency. The images over there range from $9,16 and $9,80 each. And their best and most affordable subscription plans let you get these stock images for as little as $0.27 to $4,90 per unit. If you are looking for good quality and good prices, Shutterstock is worth the try.
- Shutterstock now has over 220 million images in their collection (probably the world’s largest royalty-free collection in the world), with over 1 million fresh images added daily
- 11 million+ video clips (HD videos and 4K)
- Shutterstock has images (photos, vectors, illustrations, icons), video, and music as well
- Innovative search tools like Shutterstock Showcase help you find what you need, fast
- The company has been online since 2003 and was started by a photographer
- Shutterstock accepts almost all payment types like Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover, and JCB
- Enhanced licenses available with a limited selection of editorial licensed images
- Shutterstock is the first stock photo agency which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- The Shutterstock standard license has many advantages over other stock agencies
- Shutterstock photos are high-quality
- Searchable by: keywords, categories, colour, reverse image search, licenses and buying options with more detailed categories. Good searchability and easy to use.
- Languages including English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese
- Their FAQ is extensive for buyers. The FAQ section is designed to find answers and is easy to navigate
- Shutterstock has its corporate headquarters in New York, USA and supports international buyers with languages and contact options.
Shutterstock is a subscription only stock photo agency. They usually offer a normal license or subscriptions and have an enhanced subscription for alternate licensing options. Subscription buying options are transparent and clearly defined.
- Subscriptions vary in criteria so check the parameters carefully
- Shutterstock now has plans with monthly download limits that are more flexible
- Shutterstock also introduced monthly billing so if you buy an annual subscription, you can pay by the month, not all upfront (plus you save 20% with an annual). You can visit this Shutterstock pricing page for more information.
Shutterstock began with this subscription plan that offers the largest size of photos, illustrations, and vectors at a single price. This makes the downloading process very easy and you don’t even have to resize them. All the plans come in one and twelve-month subscriptions.
Shutterstock Subscription Cons
There are other licensing options that require the purchase of other licensing packs. For this subscription a larger investment is required.