If you have decided to invest in properties or maybe you’re already a landlord, you know how overwhelming the job can be. It’s a lot of work for just one person to handle, but hiring help will cost a lot of money. To make your job much easier, I decided to give a popular property management software a try and wanted to share with you my Buildium review.
With all of the property management software available, it can get confusing when it comes to which one does what. Buildium is a cloud-based software that has been around since 2004. Two landlords named Dimitris and Michael created the software out of a need to make their jobs easier and give them complete control of their properties.
If you don’t have much experience using technology or if you don’t have the time to learn how to use complicated software, Buildium is a great option. It’s easy to use and incredibly simple to navigate. Everything you need to know if displayed on a dashboard.
The software is also really simple to install and if you have any trouble, you can always reach out to their friendly and helpful customer service staff. Once it is installed, you’ll be able to take a guided tour around the software.
- Services are easy to access – things like screenings, renters insurance, and tax filing are easy to find and readily available when needed.
- It’s popular – there are over one million tenants that use Buildium, along with 175,000 property owners and 13,000 landlords and managers.
- There are plenty of reporting tools included – you can get up to 50 per month.
- Buildium has its own academy and 24/7 access to guided tours.
- You have the option to screen potential renters using a basic or premier screening option.
- Accounting is automatically taken care of – Buildium handles tasks like bookkeeping and marketing vacant properties.
- Depending on which package you choose, it’s relatively inexpensive.
- The mobile website isn’t the best – though the app seems to work well and has great ratings and reviews.
- If you’re a small business, it could be considered pricey – it’s best to use Buildium if you have several units or properties.
- The add-on fees can quickly add up – see the buyer’s guide for more information.
As you can see, the good definitely outweighs the bad when it comes to the property management software of Buildium. It’s one of the most popular software on the market and you’ve read a handful of reasons why.
Where To Buy Buildium
So, does Buildium sound like the best property management software for you? It was for me and I wanted to share with you a few of the places you’ll be able to get it. Before you spend any money, I suggest that you look into signing up for their free trial.
With the free trial you’ll be able to use the software, free of charge for 15 days. It takes just 30 seconds to sign up for a free trial and the best part? You don’t have to provide any credit card information, so there’s no chance you’ll be charged.
On top of a free trial, you can also schedule a free demo! If you don’t want to start a free trial without seeing what the software can do with your own eyes, try out the free demo. A member of their customer service will guide you through how to use the software and answer any questions you may have.
It’s good to note that demos can take up to two hours to complete, so be sure you have the time scheduled in your day for the thorough walk-through. Just like the trial, you need to sign up ahead of time so they can work with your schedule.
After you’ve completed a free trial or demo or, after reading this article, you can buy Buildium here. You simply fill out your information and the software is yours.
Being a landlord or owning property is a job with many tasks. You’re required to do paperwork, keep track of income, show vacant units, deal with maintenance mishaps, and more! It’s a lot for just one person and that’s one reason I wanted to share my Buildium review with you.
Property management software is important and can be an addition that keeps your business afloat. By now you’re pretty well-versed about what Buildium is capable of doing and how you’ll benefit from using it. If you’re looking to save time by allowing a software to handle some of your tasks, Buildium just might be for you!
You’ll have plenty of free time to do things that you enjoy. With Buildium you’ll be in contact with your tenants more and have better communication overall. Whether you need help with your property management taxes, accepting rent and applications, or you’re just trying to get more organized, Buildium can help with all of those tasks and more.